Service Center Support
Need something repaired, restored or rebuilt to "like new" condition? We supply low and medium voltage circuit breakers, switchgear, transformers and other related parts, both new and obsolete. We also specialize in electrical equipment remanufacturing.
Remanufacturing, Rebuilding and Reconditioning Services
A charter member of PEARL, National Switchgear is an industry leader in surplus electrical equipment remanufacturing, rebuilding and reconditioning services, and has been a remanufacturing and retrofitting provider throughout North America since 1986.
National Switchgear’s trained and certified technicians are dedicated, knowledgeable, and committed to providing high quality shop services. They are customer focused and team managed. Their internal processes and procedures are continuously reviewed, and all technicians are available to speak directly with customers.
Circuit Breaker and Switchgear Remanufacturer
Our Lewisville, Texas remanufacturing facility is capable of rebuilding, remanufacturing and retrofitting of circuit breakers, switchgear and related parts. We also specialize in circuit breaker and switchgear repair. All equipment is fully tested to OEM, PEARL, NETA and National Switchgear developed quality standards. Each product undergoes rigorous quality control check points and inspections, and is shipped with a test report showing the final results.
Each National Switchgear “Rebuilt & Guaranteed” circuit breaker has a quality control inspection procedure establishing signed check points at each stage. The check points are:
- Initial test and inspection - tests include insulation and contact resistant, mechanical and electrical operation of breaker (if possible), and thorough visual inspection
- Disassembly - each unit is broken down into individual components that allow for the most efficient component refurbishment
- Component restoration - includes repainting with epoxy coating for more durable finish. All mechanism and current carrying parts are degreased, inspected, and polished. Electrical insulators are cleaned and baked at 175°F for a minimum of 72 hrs. to remove moisture.
- Reassembly - includes adjustment to the original manufacturer's published guidelines. Relubricate with Mobil 28 lubricant
- Testing - includes insulation and contact resistance measurement, high current injection and electrical operation.
- Final inspection - includes 34 points of visual inspection performed by the technician and a QC inspector/supervisor
Test evaluation criteria
- 1000V Megger - minimum 100 megohms (low voltage only)
- 11 or 31 KVDC Hipot - less than 20 microamps (medium voltage only)
- Contact resistance (Ductor) - maximum deviation of 20% on comparative readings
- High current injection - manufacturer's specified tolerances (low voltage only)
- Circuit Breaker Timing
- Electrical operations - minimum 5 consecutive operations without malfunction
A “Remanufactured” circuit breaker includes the following additional steps:
- Complete disassembly to the individual components
- Painted components are sandblasted to bare metal with primer and 2 coats of finish paint
- Mechanism/frame components are blasted bare and zinc plated
- Current carrying parts are blasted bare and silver plated
- All standard hardware replaced with new grade 5 fasteners
- All wiring replaced with new SIS wire
- Replace all labels
- Any of the “Remanufactured” steps can be added to a standard “Rebuilt & Guaranteed” for additional cost
- Additional testing can be performed such as Power Factor or other customer requests at additional cost.